The weather is warm, the streets are lively, so why not make the most of it? Being a senior is no excuse to not make the most of summer. Fun is universal, so make sure you surprise the senior in your life with something fun and exciting for them.
Here are 6 of the best summer activities for seniors to enjoy in Raleigh.
- Catch a Movie at an Outdoor Theater. Summer movies in the park are an easy, and usually free, way to spend a summer afternoon or evening. Need to know just where to find them? WRAL has it covered.
- Enjoy a Festival or three. Raleigh has plenty of festivals to enjoy. With many genres of music festivals, art festivals, and even hot air balloons, everyone has something they can enjoy.
- The Wild World. If you’re up for some driving, Raleigh has 3 zoos about an hour away, Animal Ed. Ventures at Noah’s Landing, Aloha Safari Zoo, and the North Carolina Zoo.
- Give a Helping Hand. There are plenty of opportunities to volunteer all summer for those looking for a way to give back.
- Art and History. The benefit of being in Raleigh is the proximity to the many museums downtown.
- Indulge. New restaurants pop up throughout the Triangle all the time. Wahlburgers just opened up downtown and The News & Observer always provides great dining to get filled up.
Don’t let the summer heat keep you down. Use these activities to get the most out of every day. The Care Assistance Center has been trusted by our community to preserve assets of senior all over the Triangle. We focus on providing you peace of mind so you can spend more time enjoying life. Contact us today for more information.